Andrew Lundwall: September 2023

 I SWEAR

I am writing down numbers
There's a look in your eyes
That screams Moscow, bitches!

You've pinned God to the ottoman
Like a crushed mosquito elsewhere
Munching, the kids play dominoes quietly

Pretend to give a fuck, I dare you
I swear once I published in this literary quarterly...
& start to hold my breath & think virgin again

Dear brethren and sistren infatuated with irony
I swear the depth of this bread goes on forever
While a good portion of the world is starving

The balls of this poem are sagging south
I've stopped making plans expecting her call
I can't sit through movies at all anymore


MANGINA

My mangina is the screw
By which you thread
Your not so secret nights

Don't bother my beer
I'm drinking


© Andrew Lundwall 2008-2023


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home